Calling All PTAB Practitioners
If you’re an attorney, patent agent or law student interested in Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) practice, there’s a new organization that can make an important difference in your career — the PTAB Bar Association. It’s the only group exclusively devoted to elevating legal practice before the PTAB.
A Professional Community Resource
The first national bar association of this scope formed in more than 30 years, the PTAB Bar Association was launched on September 16, 2016 – the fifth anniversary of the enactment of the America Invents Act. The organization establishes a forum that will foster communication among stakeholders and the PTAB and keep members informed about PTAB-related best practices, news and jurisprudence. More than 50 law firms provided seed funding for the PTAB Bar Association, which has attracted more than 700 members.
United Individuals and Organizations
In addition to individuals, the PTAB Bar Association has already attracted some of the world’s leading companies as members, including:
Valuable Membership Benefits
Joining the PTAB Bar Association offers you a host of valuable and wide-ranging benefits, including:
• CLE designed for your PTAB practice by active PTAB lawyers
• Access to biweekly “PTAB Roundup” emails summarizing cases and news of interest to PTAB practitioners
• Opportunities to meet PTAB judges and practitioners at PTAB Bar Association-hosted networking events in Washington, D.C. and other areas across the country
• Access to speaking opportunities
• The ability to join committees and play an early role in planning and shaping a historic new bar association:
Inaugural Conference in Washington, D.C.
Members will have the opportunity to attend the PTAB Bar Association’s Inaugural Conference in Washington, D.C., which will feature numerous CLEs covering updates on PTAB, Federal Circuit and Supreme Court decisions; industry perspectives; best practices for parallel proceedings; the view from the bench; current trends; ethics; and “rules of the road.” The conference will take place at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, D.C. on March 1-3, 2017. For more information, visit www.ptabbar.org/overview