Calling All PTAB Practitioners If you’re an attorney, patent agent or law student interested in Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) practice, there’s a new organization that can make an important difference in your career — the PTAB Bar Association. It’s the only group exclusively devoted to elevating legal practice before the PTAB.
While we are an association focused exclusively on practice before the PTAB, we are also focused on growing diversity within our association in all ways – not only cultural, racial, gender and sexual identity but also in geography, technology, firm size and practice type. We are truly an association for everyone who practices before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
A Professional Community Resource
The first national bar association of this scope formed in more than 30 years, the PTAB Bar Association was launched on September 16, 2016 — the fifth anniversary of the enactment of the America Invents Act. The organization establishes a forum that fosters communication among stakeholders and the PTAB and keeps members informed about PTAB-related best practices, news and jurisprudence. More than 50 law firms provided seed funding for the PTAB Bar Association, which now has more than 1,000 members.
Uniting Individuals and Organizations
In addition to individuals, the PTAB Bar Association has already attracted some of the world’s leading companies as members, including:
- Apple Inc.
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Ford Motor Company
- Google Inc.
- HTC Corporation
- LG Electronics
- Microsoft Corp.
- Sony Corporation
- Twitter Inc.
During these unprecedented times, membership in the PTAB Bar Association is more important and valuable than ever. Our members are provided exclusive and wide-ranging benefits, both online and in person, that keep PTAB practitioners connected, engaged, and informed with the latest news and insights, including:
- The Annual Conference: The Annual Conference is an unmatched event that brings together leading PTAB practitioners, judges, and other thought leaders. This year, we had 435 attendees in-person and virtually, including many PTAB and USPTO judges. Members with the PTAB Bar Association enjoy a discounted registration fee.
- CLE and Learning Opportunities: Up to 9 CLE credits were available at this year’s Annual Conference
- Publications & Other Reference Materials: The PTAB Bar Association distributes a number of publications and other reference materials designed to help you stay up to date and grow your PTAB practice expertise, including the biweekly PTAB Roundup, Master Class Report, Year in Review, Roundup of Roundups, PTAB Bar Association Law Journal, and exclusive conference materials, many of which are provided exclusively to Association members.
- Unique Opportunities: As we witnessed at the recent Annual Conference, members have unparalleled opportunities to meet judges and practitioners at networking events, partake in speaking engagements, and contribute to Association publications.
- Discounts: Members enjoy discounts on Association-hosted events, including the Annual Conference and Thought Leader Summit.
- Involvement: Members have the ability to join committees and have a direct impact on planning and shaping a vibrant and growing bar association.
Join this growing and dynamic bar association!